Here are the answers to your most frequently asked questions.
Don’t see your question? Send us a note.
- 2-3 hours before: 17-20 ounces of water or sports drinks
- 10-20 minutes before: 7-10 ounces of water or sports drinks
During the race
- If the race is anticipated to take more than 30 minutes, drink 7-10 ounces every 10-20 minutes.
- Carry water or your preferred sports drink with you or take advantage of our on-course aid station(s).
- Drink 16-24 ounces for every pound of weight lost during the race. You can determine your post-race fluid needs by weighing yourself before and after training to calculate how much sweat you lose in a given workout session.
As with hydration, dialing your fuel for a race is an individual, trial-and-error process that’s best tested during your training.
Generally speaking, eating a low-fiber, low-fat snack (even 100 calories) about an hour before the start time will help you maintain energy levels during your race. Some examples would be a banana, a piece of white bread or a few handfuls of granola.
Don’t forget to have a post-race snack with a mix of carbohydrates and protein to replenish your energy stores and rebuild muscle.
Official results are usually posted the same day as the race. Check the results page for your event for the link.
We open registration for the upcoming Gildan Esprit de She season in late fall. Keep your eyes on your email and our social media channels for those announcements.
If you’d like a different size, feel free to swing by the packet pickup team at the race to swap it out. We’ll do our best to get you the correct size depending on what sizes we have available.
Sometimes the weather doesn’t cooperate, and we need to make changes to a race or cancel it. Our number-one priority is the safety of our athletes, so you can trust that we do not take these decisions lightly. If the weather looks inclement, we work with our meteorologist and race logistics managers to determine the best course of action, and then communicate those updates via social media and email on race day or as far in advance as we can. In cases where an event must be canceled, we will determine if it’s possible to reschedule it, and again, communicate those changes to participants via social media and email.
Yes! To celebrate and commemorate your race, we offer all participants a finisher medal.
We appreciate it when women tell us they’d love to have a Gildan Esprit de She event in their city! We are always considering new destinations for our race series and will loudly announce it if there are exciting additions.